AMERICAN MOVING & STORAGE SERVICES Top Ten Moving Tips
1. Reconfirm with all utility companies (electric / gas / water / telephone / cable) that your utilities will be shutoff in a timely manner when you vacate your current residence, and will be turned on at your new address just prior to your arrival.
2. If you have not already done so, file change of address forms online with the United States Post Office to assure that you have no interruption of your mail service during the relocation process.
3. Reconfirm the date and anticipated arrival time of your movers.
4. In addition to labeling what’s in your boxes, add what room they’ll be going into as well.
5. Separate all boxes that contain fragile items. Make certain to label each box "FRAGILE" to help protect its contents.
6. To avoid in-transit "surprises". Reconfirm all travel reservations before you leave your current home.
7. If you cannot contain your pets in a "safe and secure" environment during the time of the actual move, make arrangements to board your animals while the movers are entering and leaving the premises.
8. Make certain you have some extra cash available for "unexpected" expenses during the final days of the move.
9. Notify all medical service providers, credit card accounts, and lenders of your new contact information (address / email / phone).
10. Pack an overnight case or plastic box with all your "essentials", keeping vital items within easy reach. These items may include a change of clothing; medicines; jewelry; computer laptop; cell phones.
Questions about your move? We are here to provide you with a better moving experience. Contact us today!